LOTTERY for apartments. Applications are due very soon
Maloney Properties will be conducting a Boston Planning & Development Agency (BPDA, and formerly known as the BRA) income restricted rental lottery for 5 apartments located at 245 Sumner Street, East Boston, MA 02128.
view the Lottery Application Notes.
|# of Units||BR Size||% Income||Rent|
(1) Handicap accessible unit available
Maximum Income Limits
The building is located at 245 Sumner Street, East Boston., MA 02128. The property is located in East Boston’s waterfront Jeffries Point neighborhood, right down the street from the Maverick Blue Line T stop and the East Boston Harborwalk. 245 Sumner will include 34 new luxury residences. There will be a total of 5 income restricted rentals.
All apartments come with one garage parking space included with the rent.
You can request an application be emailed to you from February 21st – March 3rd by clicking on the “Request the Application Here”
- Applications will be made available for a 10 day period. Applications will be made available by email, in person during the scheduled distribution dates/times, or by US mail.
- Applicants must fill out the BPDA application completely and mail back to our offices. Applicants will then automatically be entered into the lottery.
- Maloney Properties will then conduct a lottery and each applicant will be assigned a lottery number (lottery #1 being first).
- We will then show the available apartments based on the lottery number and preferences.
The lottery preferences in order:
- Preference for disabled household for 1 ADA unit. There will be a preference for disabled household for the handicap accessible unit. These units are built out for applicants with mobility impairments.
- Boston Residents: Boston resident shall mean any individual whose principal residence, where he or she permanently and normally eats, sleeps and maintains his or her normal personal and household effects, is in the City of Boston. Required Documentation:A minimum of two (2) utility bills from separate companies dated within 60 days of application from electric, oil cable gas or telephone. Additional documentation may be required. <<<– this sucks! Many people live in Boston where someone else gets the UTIL bill.
- Minimum Household Size of at least one person per bedroom: Applicants with 2 or more household members will receive preference for the 2 bedroom apartment
ad copy from METROLIST email sheet