Colleen Fitzpatrick at the Fenway Community Development Corporation held an informative AirBnB public forum on October 17th.
Download our latest Lottery Lead Package dated Oct 28th for new chances to win.
The problem is as many see it, properties owner greed and expenses are covered by AirBnb and Corporations when they pay owners top dollars per day for properties reliable tenants have been renting for years. Tenant leases terminate, prices rise, or the leases are not renewed, so out they go and in comes AirBnb and Corporate guests.
Its a vicious circle.
The City of Boston benefits because real estate taxes rises. Property owners benefits from more revenue. Renters are screwed.
HOUSING WORKS UPDATES
For very low income renters.
- The 9 Williams St lottery opens Oct 16th. Click that link for NOVEM?BER lotteries including those that are Open Enrollment all year long.
The Williams Street property has 3 one-bedroom units for extremely low income households. It also has a small number of Affordable units for those who have vouchers.
- NEW APPLICATIONS and OPEN WAITLISTS in Cambridge, Mansfield, Worcester, Boston, Swampscott and more
- UPDATED WAITLISTS THAT JUST OPENED:
- Housing Works updated thouands of Section 8 an public housing Wait List in their database.( CLICK) This database to search by Zip Code yourself.Does the HousingWorks Online Database include all affordable housing opportunities. Answer: No, but it includes most all Public Housing, and Section 8 rental property in Massachusetts where you pay 30% of your income for rent, if you have an approved housing voucher.
- How can you apply for a voucher to pay 30% of your income on rent?
Click here to get yours.
What does Housing Works Do?
ans: it is a system that automates your search. You have to be willing to complete a 7 page application on paper. Then, a “housing advocate,” these are special people or organizations with the authority to use the Housing Works System, will input your material. From that point, your chance of getting on WaitList for Section 8 properties is greatly enhanced. Does it guarantee you will find what you ware looking for. No.
Who are Housing Advocates?
ans: Most community development organizations are or can hook you up with one. [ see a list ]. Others are social workers and government contract specific housing adjusters.
Most of these waitlists are subsidized lists – where you pay: 30% of income!
Depending on the Authority or Property, these lists are open to:
Persons of any age with various disabilities