How to File Online for Subsidized Housing in Massachusetts.
Subsidized housing properties are where you pay 30% of your income to tent that unit. Housing authorities own the buildings. But private developers own buildings where some are offered by Lottery. Housing Authorities or ( HA ) use the Wait List system. There are benefits to go digital and saving time plus having a digital bot walk the streets looking for vacancies for you.
Step one: COMPLETE THIS FORM
Step Two: Give it to your housing advocate working your case. Ask them to file it with Housing Works. If you don’t have an advocate hold it. Tell us you want to file it electronically and we will work with you on that.
New Open Waitlists ( subsidized 30% income type) have opened in the towns of Lynn, Lunenberg, Stoughton, and Boston.
Depending on the Authority or Property, these lists are open to:
Persons of any age with various disabilities
Online filing will:
– Automate most of the filing process.
You start with a paper form.
– the filing generates pre-filled applications to all subsidized/affordable housing;
– the system will show a list of other advocates working with the same clients;
– the system prints instant charts of all the places a client has applied;
– the system creates pre-addressed letters to mail out to every place a client has applied.
Or you can do it manually – by calling each public housing about the openings.
click for a list of authorities
When you want to file digital, you start by returning a paper application.
This is the paper application — View the Application form here.
You return it to people who are authorized to enter it into the digital system.
People who do this may work with agencies and its their job – if you have a case with them.
If you don’t have an open case request filing help.