The affordable housing apartment lease or mortgage can save you a lot of money. There are a set of mandatory forms you must file. Some are pre-lease forms, or housing lottery applications or Wait List applications. Some you have to file online. Locations are also accepting applications by US Postal Mail or drop.
Start with getting an (application like this one) and learn how to do it. Then consider our Smallwall SMS service to use for getting leads to the affordable apartments when application periods open for them.
Smallwall SMS FREE gives you a short list
Smallwall SMS PAID ($4.99)/yr gives you a long list and:
– it provides affordable CONDOS and homes on sale
– it provides a special phone number to pull leads into your cell phone whenever you want them.
Smallwall SMS (free trial)
get affordable housing opportunities delivered to your TEXT Message device so you don’t waste a lot of time looking over the internet
You will receive the mandatory housing lottery lease application forms that must be filed for any property, to get a unit. Your trial account will be activated. And we will provide a phone number to call so that the next time you want housing lottery applications, you’ll dial the number to receive them automatically on-demand.
About Boston homeowners mortgage relief and Financial Relief for Renters.
- A new $5 million special fund under the RAFT (Residential Assistance for Families in Transition) program for eligible households.
- It helps stop eviction, foreclosure, loss of utilities, and other housing emergencies. A new $20 million special fund for Emergency Rental and Mortgage Assistance for households who may not qualify for RAFT.
- A moratorium on all non-essential evictions for tenants who cannot pay rent due to a COVID-19 related hardship.
- Gov Baker sent guidance to all state-aided public housing operators, including Local Housing Authorities and private operators, to suspend both pending non-essential evictions and the filing of any new non-essential evictions.
You need to apply to get money.
State agencies are giving grants to people who are behind in rents or mortgages. You can also directly ask your landlord or your mortgage company for relief for time to catch-up.
GRANTS FOR LATE RENTS
RAFT assists households of all sizes and configurations with financial assistance up to $4,000 per household when you get behind in payments.
RAFT funding is distributed by this list of agencies.
- source: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-dhcd-website
- Covid-19 relief fund agencies giving grants to individuals are here here.
- Berkshire Housing Development Corporation: berkshirehousing.com
- Community Teamwork Inc.: www.commteam.org
- Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority: www.fcrhra.org
- Housing Assistance Corporation: haconcapecod.org
- Way Finders: www.wayfindersma.org
- Metro Housing|Boston: www.metrohousingboston.org
- RCAP Solutions: www.rcapsolutions.org
- South Middlesex Opportunity Council: www.smoc.org
- NeighborWorks Housing Solutions: www.nhsmass.org
- Lynn Housing Authority and Neighborhood
- Development: www.lhand.org
- Central MA Housing Alliance: www.cmhaonline.org
For more information on your Regional Administering Agency and where you can go to apply for RAFT due to the COVID-19 related housing costs based on your community, please visit the DHCD Resource Locator site.