Apartment vacancies exist in the internet stream, however; there are non-advertised affordable apartment units. The number is unknowable. Some are found in neighborhood gossip. We see flyers with APT AVAIL notices pinned to ice cream and coffee shop bulletin boards. A food coop where vegetarians and vegans shop is a another source for leads. Those bulletin boards have listings posted.
How to get housing lottery applications in MA streaming to your SMS device. click here to request yours.
How to get Jobs we can refer you to.
You are welcome to request JOB leads. Use this form.
Jobs and career opportunities paying $45,000 to $150,000 from recruiters who are seeking referrals from us are here.
- November – thru December are holiday shopping months. FEDEX and UPS shippers will definitely be hiring people in the warehouses to handle the increased volume. They pay $18/hr on average.
- CENSUS. The Census bureau is hiring, starting at $25/hr with flexible hours. You can apply there at www.2020census.gov/jobs Call 1-855-JOB-2020.
- Licensed drivers can get work at a lot of places. And if you have a CDL – ( commercial drivers license) oh goodness, there are too many jobs openings out there for you.
Get on our Jobs Mailing List Here (click). When FEDEX and UPS start sending in their job openings we send you the copy and contact info.
We are showing a few of the many listings available to rent or purchase housing at affordable prices. You receive all listing with Smallwall SMS Text service from smallwall.net. Learn More
Where are the hard-to-find affordable rental apartments?
.Keep you eyes wide open everywhere you go. A home owner and landlord living in a large 3 or 4-family house used to tape a store-bought Rental Available poster on the front porch for all to see, before the Internet hit, driving people to spend hours on Craigslist looking up the listings.
But you know that be a hassle, so what else can you do? Start with the Boston Herald newspaper Classified Section because good prices for rentals and rooms are often listed there. Stop by laundromats, coffee shops and ice-cream parlos and look at the bulletin boards. Watch what hangs on a telephone pole in the neighborhoods. Ask a bar tender. Do the owners of storefront bodega stores own property for rent? You bet they do and they often have it upstairs above their stores in the same buildings.
People own empty homes but are afraid to rent floors to strangers.
- You know this happens more than you think. But when they have a need for cash they will rent them. Ask everyone where you work or who you know about this, something will turn up.
- Ask around at the churches, check their newsletters and bulletins.
- Form alliances with social service techs and support housing advocates events. The contacts are useful for your housing search.
Electronic filers are making these moves
- HousingWorks, Inc., a non-profit in the Fenway who does work for many housing authorities in charge of listings for towns – has either put the ( some) applications online, or has a link to it, or a way to get it in time to join the lottery.
- Usually applications are completely TYPEABLE, which saves you time: you can finish the applications faster for the client.
- They are easier for the lottery person to read. They ( the lottery applications) are easier to mail because the address fits in the window of many # 10 window envelopes going out into the mail after labels are printed.
- The support with the SMALLWALL SMS item provides access to electronic filing. Order Online